Thursday, April 22, 2010

Going Vegetarian

Who knew eating Vegetarian could be so easy?

What did you eat for dinner?
Flounder, Squash, and Grilled Potatoes.

Oh cool. Where did you go out to eat?
The Dining Hall.

I am sure you won't be surprised to hear that when I told my friend I had gotten this delicious meal at the Dining Hall she was shocked. In attempt to promote Earth Week, BU's Dining Services has done amazing job of providing fresh and new produce to students. I decided as a part of my Ecolympics challenge to eat Vegetarian for a Week and I am loving it! To be honest, there have been few times where I remember that I am eating Vegetarian because the "veggie" options this week have been so amazing. Will it get harder once Earth Week is over? I am not sure, but I this week has certainly showed me that it is possible.

I just finished reading Jonathan Safran Foer's novel Eating Animals. I highly recommend it! So to make sure that the difference you make during the Ecolympics is not only a week long thing consider reading this book!!

Rajani


No comments:

Post a Comment